Wander around quiet streets of Damascus, enter the Rasafa mysticism, savor a good tent shores of Lake Assadmeet its people (Mohin, Sameh, Ahmad), live with the women of a Bedouin in Mari, accept a tea from a Palestinian refugee in your settlements in Damascus, toast with a good Lebanese wine observing the greatness of the kingdom of Zenobia in Palmyra, cross the Euphrates River in the lively suspension bridge by Deir Ezzor, ... Here you have our usual DAY AFTER
Thanks to Elias Badenes (our old friend of Castellon) for allowing us to have this WEB and his help to make it work. Special thanks to Sele, Fmanega, LosMochilines, ViajesCCS, Open for Holidays, Yadnakis (for "joining us", hehe), David Guerrero, JAAC, Evaviajera, Simply traveling, Dos Zumbaos, the forums of travelers.com and lonelyplanet, (and all those forget us, there will be many) because without you, your information in the forums and your blogs our trip would not have been so complete. Thanks to everyone who has written on the blog giving us their opinions and to all those who, without writing, are there every day: padres, grandmothers, sister, tom, uncles, Joseba, Camarillas family (with Sonia in front), Sergio and Lara, Tilo, Josy, Angeles, Psocy, Jesus, JAAC, Miguel Angel, Najla, Teresa, Desika, Juanjo, Passportblog, Depi. Melanie, Kaoru, Creamrolox, Difficult, albatross, Reznor, Judit, Lydia and Victor (objectivolima), Antonio-Edu-Amparo-MariLuz, Jorge, Maria José and Lorenzo ... And to everyone who forgets us, there will be many. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
! UP TO THE NEXT TRIP !!!
Isaac and CIA, from Syria
|WE DIDN'T LIKE:|
- Cars whistle, whistle and whistle. They don't stop mount scandal
- The ruins in Syria and Lebanon are totally neglected by the governments. Only in those where UNESCO has put money there is a certain degree of conservation. Today they still maintain their virginity, but we fear that in a few years if tourism and money do not enter they lose much of their heritage (children throwing walls, garbage, dirt). And if it enters, then they will be preserved but they will lose their virginity. !!It's the moment!!
- The motorcycles. The Bedouins used them in the ruins to try to sell you something. In the cities they were forbidden but in the East zone they were on all sides riding scandal.
- He circulatory chaos It's terrible in the cities. If there are 2 lanes, they really become 4. Crossing a crosswalk is an experience. But it has its grace.
- Ebla and Ugarit they require a huge imaginative effort to represent what was supposed to exist there.
- The western part of Syria, in the Mediterranean, is much more touristy (especially inland tourism) but cities like Lattakia They are much less attractive. Of course, the sunset from the balcony watching the port ... beautiful!
- We had high hopes for the Umayyad ruins of Anjar but you also had to put a lot of imagination into it.
- Ma'aoula It could be expendable.
- The conservation status of Bosra, everything that is not the Roman Theater, and the most visited in Syria for mass tourism because of its proximity to Jordan, left much to be desired.
- Some accommodations in Deir Ezzor or Hama They were a bit disappointing.
|WE LOVED IT:|
- Toast with a good Lebanese white wine Ksara at the top of the Qaala'at Ibn Maan Castle with the panoramic view of the Palmyra ruins in the background
- The Euphrates Valley, the Babylonian culture, the Mesopotamian land of Mari, Dura Europos, Halabiyya, Deir Ezzor
- Eat one Lake Assad tent, next to Jaabar Castle, on the terrace of a terrace
- Aleppo, its Al-Jdeida Christian neighborhood, its mosque, its citadel, the picturesque Hotel Barón,
- Curiosity ruins of San Simeon and the story of this "peculiar character"
- The "Heineken" moments of !! SHOPPING !! !!SHOPPING!! !!SHOPPING!! in the souks of Aleppo and Damascus. We could be hours in these souks.
- Savor a fabulous kebab (shwarma) or a multifruit juice in any street stall in Aleppo or Damascus for "two hard"
- Qaser Ibn Wardan is a picturesque castle in the middle of nowhere, the Hive houses of Twalid Dabaghein and Sarouj are unique in the world, but eat in a local town far from the tourist restaurants is in itself an experience. It is the real trip.
- Aphamia It is the Palmyra del Norte, very well preserved
- The network of crossed fortresses, its history, its cruelty, its dimensions (Saladin Castle, Marqab, ... )
- Farewell the day by the fire of a fireplace, a good Lebanese red wine Massaya and a good conversation in the Palmyra Hotel de Baalbeck, that all of it is an attraction in itself
- He Roman Theater of Bosra It is simply essential!
- He Dead Sea, you have to see it. Essential once in a lifetime? Well, just out of curiosity, possibly yes. Although after coming from Syria we will leave it in this section.
- Smoking in seesha, drink arak, while we share a good conversation before sleeping anywhere in Syria and Lebanon
- The treatment he has given us Sameh and the agency Silkroad International during the whole trip
|ESSENTIAL / ONCE IN LIFE:|
DAMASCUSEverything!! The Umayyad Mosque, the Zocos ...
... palaces (Azem), Christian neighborhood, history ...
Forget everything in a Hammah
Its people, its environment, its tranquility
PALMYRABel's temple, The Arc de Triomphe ...
The mysterious graves nearby
Enjoy a sunset or sunrise.
See the ruins illuminated at night
RASAFAIn the middle of the barren Syrian desert
An exciting story that hooks
Incredible tanks buried under the city!
For some, the most magical place of the trip
DEAD CITIESA contrast in the trip, a new place
They look like real ghost cities
Serjilla is a true wonder
The landscape: almond trees in bloom, green meadows ...
THE NORIAS OF HAMAUsed to extract water from the Orontes River
Picturesque and well preserved structures
Hama breathes tranquility and hospitality
Illuminated at night are very photogenic.
KRAK OF THE KNIGHTSThere is only one word !! AWESOME !!
Titanic dimensions, absolutely impregnable
How to be inside a medieval movie
Possibly the most spectacular fortress we've ever seen
BAALBECKThe city of the sun, more than 300 sunny days a year
The temple of Jupiter, the greatest of the Roman Empire
The temple of Bacchus, the best we've seen
In an unbeatable state of conservation
PETRAOne of the wonders of this world
It seems incredible that it disappeared for years
Its color contrast is unique
See the treasure from above, a success
WADI RUMA red desert, a different desert
One of the most photogenic places of the trip
Flying over a balloon should be more than unique
Try to avoid tourist camps
THE VIRGINITY OF SYRIAThere is hardly any tourism, only a loose traveler
Its ruins are in the best moment
It is a pleasure to enjoy everything without stress
All this gives a touch of special mysticism
THE SYRIAN PEOPLEEnjoy the invitation of a Palestinian in Damascus
Share a table with some Bedouin women
Your hospitality, your kindness ...
... and of course, his people (Ahmed, Mahin, Sameh)
|FINAL AMOUNT OF THE TRIP:|
|TRAVEL TRANSPORTS (FLIGHTS, HYUNDAI VAN 15 DAYS)||3.975,30 €|
|ACCOMMODATIONS 15 DAYS (€ 704 / pers)||2.816,00 €|
|TRAVEL INSURANCE||170,00 €|
|VISAS AND FEES SYRIA / LIBANO / JORDAN||138,19 €|
|TRAVEL EXPENSES (Meals, Drinks, Tickets, Miscellaneous)||836,02 €|
|FINAL AMOUNT 4 PEOPLE: € 7,935.51|
|€ 1,984 / PERSON|
|+ TRAVEL GIFTS: € 162.01|