We are going to give you our proposals for different hours a day, which are sure to be useful also for those who have a few hours of stopover on their link to other destinations and decide to go down to Madrid.
Our proposals for 5 original Madrid plans as a couple
1. Have breakfast at the Plaza Mayor! What a breakfast is not original? Start the day with your partner with a good breakfast to gain strength (and to travel with energy the capital) in the most emblematic square in Madrid, when you still sleep, and we can assure you that your day can never be bad. That your plane has arrived tomorrow and you don't leave until the evening or night again? Well, do like us on our route to Riviera Maya Not a long time ago.
2. If we walk through Madrid, we can find numerous places of interest, but What if instead of walking through the streets of Madrid, we did it underground? We would find more than one surprise. We suggest you visit a “Ghost Station”, the Ghost Station of Chamberí.
On October 17, 1919, the first Metro line was inaugurated, making Madrid the fifth capital with this infrastructure, which would be opened to the public on the 31st of that same month joining the Cuatro Caminos neighborhood with Puerta del Sol and counting with six intermediate stops: Ríos Rosas, Martínez Campos, Chamberí, Glorieta de Bilbao, Hospicio (current Tribunal) and Red de San Luis (now Gran Vía). With the passage of time while the lines grew lChamartín Station was relegated by its complicated extension and deteriorated in such a way that the name of Ghost Station was earned. An initiative made it recently restored and today, it is a visit for the most curious.
3. "Good tooth" couple? What do you think of a gastronomic route through the old renovated markets, such as San Antón or San Miguel?
He San Miguel Market, located in one of the exits of the Plaza Mayor, is our favorite. There is no getaway, fleeting visit or stay in which we take accommodation in Madrid, that we do not do our particular tapas route through their positions.
He San Anton Market It is located in the well-known Barrio de Chueca and manages to mix tradition, modernity and quality products in its distribution in three heights. The positions of the first are dedicated to the sale of products such as meat, sausages, fish and seafood, bakery and a greengrocer with a variety of vegetables and fruit, counting so well with a wide variety of gourmet products. The second floor consists of a tavern-wine cellar and places to eat at the time. On the third floor is the restaurant La Cocina de San Antón, which has a large terrace with spectacular views of Madrid and the streets of the Chueca neighborhood.
4. And to make the digestion a little theater, but an original and different one. HeArenal Theater Café, located in the center of Madrid a few meters from the Puerta del Sol, is a new theater concept without great scenery, comic works and with prices for all tastes. It has a wide offer that includes a variety of proposals, from single-person works to works with various actors, magic school, copla concerts, classical music or jazz.
This new concept is developed in two of the rooms of the Arenal Theater, Room II and the Café Teatro room. Decorated with numerous works of art by great artists, comfortable sofas and armchairs, low tables with candles, ambient music and a beautiful grand piano. The room has excellent sound, lighting and video equipment, to be able to enjoy all the scenic and artistic proposals that will accommodate. Highly recommended for a desktop ...
5. And in our 5 original plans of Madrid in Couple could not miss A nocturnal proposal for the most partying. !! Serrano 41 !!
We are in one of the most classy neighborhoods in Madrid, the Barrio de Salamanca, and within it, on its flagship, one of the oldest nightclubs in the capital that remains with its access and terrace open on weekends for all audiences and that reserves the nights of the week for passes of models, product presentations or private parties
At the moment its atmosphere is distributed in three areas, with a wide terrace, a minimalist tent and the disco itself marked by the influence of New York clubs.
And for you, What are those original plans of Madrid as a couple that you think our travelers should know more "cotters"?
Isaac and Paula