Did you know that Glenn Cooper describes Gaudi, the brilliant architect, from his childhood and how an incredible find leads him to build the Sagrada Familia? What if there really was a part of it?
Visit to the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
The Expiatory Temple of the Sagrada Familia is the most impressive Catholic basilica built (or under construction) in Barcelona since 1882, designed by the architect Antoni Gaudí, and most visited monument in Spain with 3.2 million visitors a year (The Prado is next with 2.9 or The Alhambra 2.3).
Although at the beginning it was considered as a neo-Gothic building, Gaudi rethink the concept completely and dedicated his whole life to one of the most innovative ideas of the moment (photo: fotos.gratis.es)
Today, this architectural jewel (whose facade of the Birth and crypt were included in 2005 as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO) stands out from anywhere in the city and is a must for all, religious or not, by prices between 15 and 24 euros in schedules from 9 to 18 or 20 depending on the time of year, with the possibility of guided tours, audio guide, access to basilica and towers. Those who wish to take the best photos, do not hesitate to consult the lighting schedules.
Barcelona is much more and based on the best possible location of the center, such as the variety of options it poses HCC Hotels, you can meet a few minutes apart from the Sagrada Familia, the Guell Park, Paseo de Gracia, the Boqueria Market or the Camp Nou itself
The mysteries of the Holy Family
There are many mysteries that, far from the fiction posed by Glenn Cooper in his book, enclose this temple in its entrails. Do you want to meet some?
- Did you know that on the facade of passion there is a "magic sudoku" where, you add as sums (diagonally, vertically or horizontally) the resulting number is always 33. Why 33 By the age of Jesus Christ at death? Why is it linked to Freemasonry? But the most mysterious thing is that the numbers range from 1 to 15 but ...! 12 is missing !! Why?
- Another of the great unknowns is produced by finding among stars, which represent the exact moment of the birth of Jesus, signs of the zodiac and the most traditional religious images, !! a pelican !! Why a pelican? Did you know what grade 18 of the Freemasons has as a symbol this animal opening its belly with its beak and is exactly the representation we find here?
- In the Holy Family everything is perfect, arithmetic and mathematically. Gaudí was a genius and his fervor led him to express it in his maximum work. Did you know that there are no lines in the temple? And what do the columns that support the church act like trees from the ground to the branches growing arithmetically?
- It is also said that the coronation with a three-dimensional (non-Christian) cross and especially with the "amanita muscaria" (hallucinogenic mushroom) It is due to Gaudí's belief that man moves in 2 dimensions, and angels in 3. But what moment of his life led him to reinterpret the icons in this way?
- Another moment in the history of Gaudí that echoes Glenn Cooper in his book is his death. Did you know that the famous architect He was hit by a tram at 10 km / h in strange circumstances? And what do their outrage relate to the Guell, Verdaguer and others? But the most exciting thing is that that day in their pockets, in addition to a handful of nuts found !! fragments of the Apocalypse of San Juan!
Its endless construction is scheduled for 2026, and will complete 18 towers, although it is possible that our good friends Josep and Angela, whom we have not seen for more than a year, receive us much earlier to continue inquiring about some of the biggest Mysteries of the Holy Family. Meanwhile, what do you think of all this mysticism that surrounds such a unique building?
Paula and Isaac (with Angela and Josep), wishing to return to Barcelona